Easy-going 4wd Weekend (Sydney Area)

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Postby sheepie on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Confirming we're looking at doing this NEXT WEEKEND! For any that have missed the original thread, I'm posting the details here - anyone else wanting to join in is welcome :)

I'm thinking I'll camp over at a good spot around Newnes on the Friday night (welcome to join me), and then we can meet at Lithgow on Sat morning. Up through to Turon NP for Sat night, then back past the Wolgan Valley and out at Zig Zag railway on the way home on Sunday.

Some pics from the area I'm intending to cover:

Image Image

Image Image

Anyone wanting to join, please PM me your contact details by Tuesday night and I'll get back in touch with you.

You'll need:
- a 4wd (der!) with reasonable clearance - a good softroader (eg: forester, rav4, etc) should be ok - clearance will be your biggest issue, but only in a few spots - most of the tracks are pretty good
- camping gear of some sort for overnight Saturday (be aware it will get quite cold)
- prefer you have a cb mounted, or a handheld - I have a spare if anyone really needs it

Be prepared to get your vehicle a bit dirty, but hopefully not damaged - where we are planning on going is pretty easy going, but that doesn't mean it's not without some chance of scratches or other minor damage. Ultimately, it's you who is driving and it's you who needs to make the decision of what you're prepared to try. There will be no pressure on you to go somewhere you are not comfortable with.

Weather looks like it's going to be a bit changeable, so we'll keep an eye on that as the week progresses.
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Re: Easy-going 4wd Weekend (Sydney Area)

Postby Mr Darcy on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:14 am

Damn. I missed the date in the other thread. Next weekend is not good for me, so I will have to dip out.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby sheepie on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Last call guys - looks like there's only one other than me available this weekend so not sure we'll do it.

Anyone else?
sheepie
Key Member

Re: Easy-going 4wd Weekend (Sydney Area)

Postby sheepie on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 pm

OK - we're putting this on the back burner for now. There's only two of us able to go this weekend out of the four or five that were interested, and the weather is looking less than ideal - even on that side of the hills.

So we'll pull this out again in a few weeks and maybe aim for late July.
sheepie
Key Member

Return to Sydney