photography and everyday space - Flatlands

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

photography and everyday space - Flatlands

Postby biggerry on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:34 pm

now this one is da bomb.. definitely on the todo list.any one keen?

Flatlands examines photography’s role in transforming the way we perceive, organise and imagine the everyday world, by looking at the changing ways photographers have depicted public and private environments.

At its birth in the 19th century, photography seemed the perfect tool for representation and classification of even the most elusive phenomena. Yet by the turn of the 20th century photographic objectivity was under question – limited, as it was, to freezing single moments or viewpoints in time. Technological advancements, such as faster exposure times, have revealed the medium’s ability to show dimensions of our daily environments that have remained hidden from the eye.

Featuring works by 23 Australian and international artists drawn from the Gallery’s collection of 20th-century and contemporary photography, this exhibition explores perceptions of everyday space – realms of emotion, memory and desire – where real and imaginary boundaries become blurred.

http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/exhibitions/flatlands/
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Re: photography and everyday space - Flatlands

Postby Matt. K on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Looks like this and Atget are a must see. I will try and get there this weekend.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Remorhaz on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:38 pm

biggerry wrote:now this one is da bomb.. definitely on the todo list.any one keen?

I could definitely be tempted

You thinking a weekday (e.g. lunchtime) or weekend or ?
D600, D7000, Nikon/Sigma/Tamron Lenses, Nikon Flashes, Sirui/Manfrotto/Benro Sticks
Rodney - My Photo Blog
Want: Fast Wide (14|20|24)
Remorhaz

Postby Reschsmooth on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 pm

We are going to the Atget exhibition on the 12th October - I may see if we can fit in the Flatlands exhibition before kiddies need to be picked up from school...
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Return to Sydney