How to fix a SB600

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

How to fix a SB600

Postby phoenix on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi again! I have an SB600 that seems to be a bit faulty. Everything is working fine except that i can't make the flash change zoom. When i turn it on i can hear it click about 6 times and then where it says "zoom" it has 24mm stay up for the 6 clicks and then it sits there flashing a -- After that i can't change the zoom manually at all.

Am i doing something wrong? Or does this sound like a damaged unit?

Thanks!
phoenix

Re: How to fix a SB600

Postby StarForge on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:19 pm

If its clicking perhaps it just needs to be opened and the parts realigned? I've someone I know who had a similar problem and that fixed it. I'm probably over simplifying what needs to be done, but I hope you know what I mean.
StarForge

Re: How to fix a SB600

Postby phoenix on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:39 pm

StarForge wrote:If its clicking perhaps it just needs to be opened and the parts realigned? I've someone I know who had a similar problem and that fixed it. I'm probably over simplifying what needs to be done, but I hope you know what I mean.

I'm fairly sure (99.99%) that I'm probably not the best to fiddle around and open it somehow :D Is there anyone i can send it to/take it to that would be able to fix it?
phoenix

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions