Elicar cameras and lens

Unless they get too big for themselves, this is where you can talk about the "other" brands of DSLR's: Konica Minolta / Sony, Pentax / Samsung, Olympus, Horseman, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Elicar cameras and lens

Postby spada on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:00 pm

Today I went to an open market somewhere near Liverpool and see this camera in a hard case, the seller wants $30 for it, but after a short conversation she agrees to sell it at $ 25, I had no ideal what about this camera, all I knew about it is that it is a film macro camera capable of 2X macro. The lens is 90mm f2.5 and has a ring flash built in ( may be ) , and look like it has Minolta mounting ( Not sure ), it has a bright split focus screen when look through view finder.The battery is in the bottom that take 4 AA type.

The Camera with its lens fully extend

The Lens that can do 1:1 macro

And the glass that extend the macro cap of this lens to 2X

Looking for some info on this lens ( the mount ) , can it be used on Nikon with a suitable adaptor. Thank in advance.
Regards
Spada
spada

Postby daniel_r on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Spada,

I can tell you pretty much bugger all about the specs of the camera...

however, I know a bit about where it's used - I've spent some time on the chair looking straight down the lens!

Both my Dentist and Orthodontist use the same Elicar body and lens combination for pre and post procedure comparison images (that was 3-5 yrs ago).

Whatever the case, not a bad bargain for $25 at all. I would have paid that just for the ring flash alone (then adapted it for use on my Nikon gear with a wireless slave)
D.
Daniel_R's Flickr gallery
I shoot with Nikon stuff.
daniel_r

Postby Colcam on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Very interesting stuff you found there. I love these sort of things. Something different gets me everytime. I'll buy it off you for $26.00! That's a clear profit! :twisted:

Take some photo's with it and post them. :)
Col
Photography. The Art of Seeing, Not Just Looking
http://www.frozentime.com.au
Colcam

Postby phillipb on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi Spada,
Apparently these macros http://mironv.smugmug.com/gallery/582336 where taken with your setup.
looks impressive.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby spada on Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:38 pm

Thank Daniel, Col, and Phillip for the link, now I have to find out what mount it is and buy an adaptor , tomorow i will buy a roll of film and try it out.
Regards
Spada
spada

Postby Matt. K on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Spada
You hit gold there. It's worth that much just to sit it on the sideboard.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Other