Camera data in CS2

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Camera data in CS2

Postby Alex on Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:51 pm

Not sure why but when I open my shots from D70 in CS2 (after conversion from RAW in Capture NX) there is no shutter speed info under the 'camera data'. Aperture is shown but not the shutter speed. At first I thought that NX was removing that info upon conversion from RAW but even jpgs straight out of D70 have the shutter speed info missing. The info is displayed correctly by every other program I've tried though, e.g. nikon view and opanda. Anyone know why?

Thanks
Alex
Alex

Postby Greg B on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:06 pm

Interesting Alex.

I tried opening a couple of D70 shots in CS2....

JPG - the shutter speed and lens details were not shown
(Note however that the shutter spped was shown under EXIF properties in "Advanced" in the file info dialog box}

NEF - opened in CS2, shutter speed and lens details shown!

I tried a couple of D200 shots - all info shown regardless of file type.

Interestingly, I was looking in Scott Kelby's Photoshop CS2 for Digital Photographers, and the example he shows for EXIF data is a D70 file and the shutter speed and lens details are both missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, the shutter speed and aperture are both shown in the metadata panel in Bridge when you select a file - the first item under Camera data, Exposure, example 1/500 s at f/5.6

Curious absence from the file info in CS2 proper however.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby Alex on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:47 pm

Yes, Greg... it's weired. In EXIF data, under 'advanced' the shutter speed is shown as 4/1000 rather than 1/250 - same thing just not divided by four. Go figure...

Alex
Alex

Return to Tips and tricks